Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Veteran Enthusiast LeadingManNigel's Avatar

Re: Epyks.net Redesign

I really love the logo colorful things appeal to me. The site overall looks fantastic my only complaint is the color of the text on the side bars, some of its seems out of place.

I like the design, much better than the last imo.

I'm not sure on the CSS though.

"* { padding:0; margin:0; }" should be avoided at all costs.

-- viewtopic.php?f=75&t=75685#p1345447

I think you need to re-structure your CSS so generics are at the top, and reduce the mis-match of short / long hand css.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam
    I like the design.

I'm not sure on the CSS though.

"* { padding:0; margin:0; }" should be avoided at all costs.

-- viewtopic.php?f=75&t=75685#p1345447

I think you need to re-structure your CSS so generics are at the top, and reduce the mis-match of short / long hand css.
    What alternative is there to wildcarding tags? I can't be assed to set padding and margin to 0 for everything D:

I always put generics at the bottom because whenever I put them at the top shit goes haywire... Probably just an error on my end.

Not shunning your advice but is there a reason why I should put generics at the top and reduce mismatching of short and long hand css? Like will it make a difference? Or are you saying it's just good practice to get into.

Quote Originally Posted by Skype

What alternative is there to wildcarding tags? I can't be assed to set padding and margin to 0 for everything D:
    You shouldn't need to reset all element padding's and margin's... if you must use a well known reset style sheet. http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/reset/

Quote Originally Posted by Skype

I always put generics at the bottom because whenever I put them at the top shit goes haywire... Probably just an error on my end.

Not shunning your advice but is there a reason why I should put generics at the top and reduce mismatching of short and long hand css? Like will it make a difference? Or are you saying it's just good practice to get into.
    It's common practice to put generics at the top. Shorthand css can keep the filesize down and is generally faster to produce. Most people use one or the other.