Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Web Sessions

Web Sessions

I'm interested in seeing any responses to this. I've recently been thinking of starting up live / recorded by web casts ran every weekend, which will run for around 1 hour - 15 minutes.

These "lessons" will cover a number of different web topics, mainly focused around PHP.

From.

1. PHP basics, simple control structures, conditions and loops.
    2. PHP & interacting with databases. MYSQL and MYSQLI intro
    3. PHP & Databases extended. Inner / Left Joins
    4. PHP Security
    5. PHP & AJAX - jQuery.
    6. PHP improving speed.
    7. PHP debugging tips.

PHP is an invaluable language, most web dev companies seek people with PHP as standard. Most eduction courses tend not to teach or get directly the point or use up to date methods.

These videos would also be available to download in case anyone missed any.

I've been using PHP for around 5 years, 3/half freelance and 1/half commercial I'd hope to directly involve myself with people viewing, i.e direct support answering questions live. It may also be useful for non programmers who want to start off learning PHP.

I was thinking around 30 / $60 per person for 7 - 10 live lessons. Which would allow for Q & A after each session, plus the ability to download the lession.

I'm not sure on cost, but I would like to be able to teach a few people online. If you're interested feel free to post.

Pen
    Enthusiast

Re: Web Sessions

I'd love to view these, I'm freelancing with PHP, and various other languages, and my knowledge of PHP is decent, but nothing great. Problem is, is that with School, car, dorm, extra money is hard to come by.

Devoted Veteran

I'd for sure be interested if I can upgrade my internet soon (which is supposed to happen); I spend a lot of time on/around computers as it is, it would be nice to learn.

Enthusiast

Inside your animashunz having fun with Mr. default :D

Is this going to be a one on one session?

I am taking a "computer science" class right now, prerequisites for java honors etc. we're starting off basic with debugging and simple codes in visual basic 8.0. is it different from PHP? i wouldn't know, but the class is intriguing. i'd be interested anyway.
    [center:155dogaz][/center:155dogaz]

Quote Originally Posted by Von Adolf
    I am taking a "computer science" class right now, prerequisites for java honors etc. we're starting off basic with debugging and simple codes in visual basic 8.0. is it different from PHP? i wouldn't know, but the class is intriguing. i'd be interested anyway.
    Yes, visual basic is a very different language to php. The logic behind most programming languages is basically the same though, so when you learn one you'll find it's a lot easier to learn more.
    what is homo love?

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzystan
    Quote Originally Posted by Von Adolf
    Yes, visual basic is a very different language to php. The logic behind most programming languages is basically the same though, so when you learn one you'll find it's a lot easier to learn more.
    hm. it doesn't sound good to try learning both at the same time then, does it? i could always save the videos as he said and look over them later though.
    [center:155dogaz][/center:155dogaz]

cool idea but too expensive, I don't think many people will take you up on it
    [center:1hzoraxf][/center:1hzoraxf]

Quote Originally Posted by Lawn Feed
    cool idea but too expensive, I don't think many people will take you up on it
    30 for 7-10 lessons including the ability to download them and a live Q&A is not expensive.

Pen
    Enthusiast

I think the price range should vary.

Here's how I see this:

1. Users experience will vary drastically, I know I've freelanced with PHP for some time, as well as the rest of the languages up there, so my experience could be better than anther user, so how will Adam compensate for the two different experience levels?

2. Adam could make different sessions, for in-experienced users, the prices could be smaller, as to in-courage users to apply. But for Intermediate to Experienced users, the prices should go up, as to make a point, for more experience help, you need to pay a greater price.

This is just a suggestion, don't take in seriously, I'm sure there are better options out there than this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast