Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    I quit way long ago WiZZLEMAN's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    294

    Site Customization Help

    I am creating a forum site, it is pretty much done as far as we can go but we dont know what we should get for higher customization ability, I am not sure what we need to do, maybe some of you guys can help.

  2. #2
    lucien is queen Hazzystan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,977

    Re: Site Customization Help

    You should probably provide a little more detail on your forum if you want a half-decent answer.
    what is homo love?

  3. #3
    Veteran Enthusiast DAMON's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    6,468

    Re: Site Customization Help

    As Hazzystan said, there's little anyone can say on the matter until you give some more information about the project.
    What do you mean by customization ability? The ability for users to choose a forum skin they like? Custom rank bars?
    What kind of software are you using to run the forum? Do you have direct access to the server it's running on? Do you have any programming experience (even if it's HTML) at all?
    A link to the site would be nice, so we can see what we're dealing with.

    Until I know more the only thing I can say is that you might want to take a look at Joomla!, since it's perhaps a bit simpler to use for beginners than hardcoding everything by yourself. Here are some forum solutions based on Joomla! http://extensions.joomla.org/extensi...nication/forum.

  4. #4
    I quit way long ago WiZZLEMAN's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    294

    Re: Site Customization Help

    Quote Originally Posted by DAMON
    As Hazzystan said, there's little anyone can say on the matter until you give some more information about the project.
    What do you mean by customization ability? The ability for users to choose a forum skin they like? Custom rank bars?
    What kind of software are you using to run the forum? Do you have direct access to the server it's running on? Do you have any programming experience (even if it's HTML) at all?
    A link to the site would be nice, so we can see what we're dealing with.

    Until I know more the only thing I can say is that you might want to take a look at Joomla!, since it's perhaps a bit simpler to use for beginners than hardcoding everything by yourself. Here are some forum solutions based on Joomla! http://extensions.joomla.org/extensi...nication/forum.
    by customization ability i mean like how to make it to where people from certain groups can customize their own rankbars and lets us change the symbols next to the threads/forums that mean lock,new posts,and no new posts here is a link to the site, it is also a pivot forum site but it is also a flash ranking site too. Sorry if you guys consider this copying or advertising. http://pivotspace.freeforums.org/index.php
    Also i dont have very much site programming experience, but I am trying to learn.

  5. #5
    Veteran Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Midlands, UK
    Posts
    5,638

    Re: Site Customization Help

    Aside from the blatant layout/usergroup theft from DD, the actual Administration of the site appalling.

    Go to your ACP, manage user groups, and plan out their permissions. A Forum in which a guest can read the Staff Area is not very well made at all.

  6. #6
    I quit way long ago WiZZLEMAN's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    294

    Re: Site Customization Help

    Quote Originally Posted by ?himaera
    Aside from the blatant layout/usergroup theft from DD, the actual Administration of the site appalling.

    Go to your ACP, manage user groups, and plan out their permissions. A Forum in which a guest can read the Staff Area is not very well made at all.
    I actually did not make the things that they copied from this site me ES1001, and TDJ123 made this site, Yeah I could have sworn I already set the permissions, but yeah sorry that it copied DD on some parts.

  7. #7
    Fanatic Enthusiast Luke's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    3,706

    Re: Site Customization Help

    Quote Originally Posted by WiZZLEMAN
    I actually did not make the things that they copied from this site me ES1001, and TDJ123 made this site, Yeah I could have sworn I already set the permissions, but yeah sorry that it copied DD on some parts.
    Most small forums about pivot have copied at least one aspect of DD and/or Droidz.
    R.I.P Grace - 18 November 1997 - 14 March 2011

    |PM Me |My Thread |Request a Move Up |Report a Rulebreaker |The Rules |

  8. #8
    I quit way long ago WiZZLEMAN's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    294

    Re: Site Customization Help

    Quote Originally Posted by Camel
    Quote Originally Posted by WiZZLEMAN
    I actually did not make the things that they copied from this site me ES1001, and TDJ123 made this site, Yeah I could have sworn I already set the permissions, but yeah sorry that it copied DD on some parts.
    Most small forums about pivot have copied at least one aspect of DD and/or Droidz.
    Yeah, but you can't really make a good pivot forum without using some of the features on here.


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •