Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Simple coded websites

So, i'm learning a few different webpage programing languages and I'm still pretty new to it all. So I'm wondering if you guys know of any websites/webpages that are coded REALLY simply. The only example I can think of is the site Cavo posted back in November, Rock Ftw. Really simple coding and easy to see what he did. Unlike, maybe google or youtube who have really complicated coding(for a beginner atleast).

I'm probably only going to use these as a reference for idea's/coding tricks. No copy pasta.

Also, I don't know how far fetched this request is. But considering there are people that know HTML/CSS/java like the back of their hand, i'm sure some of you've looked at a few page sources.

Re: Simple coded websites

There are a load of templates on my site that use pretty basic coding. http://www.epyks.net/templates.php

Veteran Enthusiast LeadingManNigel's Avatar

First of all rock ftw is from an old time in web development. It is common practice to avoid tables for use other than data. Pretty much every website these days use a "tableless" design often employing div tags. Dammit Skype I was about to link to you :/

Quote Originally Posted by LeadingManNigel
    First of all rock ftw is from an old time in web development. It is common practice to avoid tables for use other than data. Pretty much every website these days use a "tableless" design often employing div tags. Dammit Skype I was about to link to you :/
    Aw thanks man

Thanks skype, those are actually just up my alley, things I know, things needed to be learned. Thanks.

The only part of "web programing" you can view when you view a page's source is the server's HTML response, which is usually only a small part of the original code.

If you really want to get into it then download and analyze projects that others have made, or look at some tutorials.

E: If you mostly want to analyze HTML/CSS/Javascript, then I guess you could take a look at one of my old projects.

Here's a link to the zip with all the code:
    http://www.filefactory.com/file/cb84002 ... search.zip
    what is homo love?