Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Veteran Enthusiast BEER BEER STRONG's Avatar

MATLAB (aka no replies)

For my job I need to learn MATLAB pretty thoroughly and I've only taken one course on it before, so I thought I'd make a thread here while studying, just for the 0.000001% chance that anyone here actually uses it. I have a few questions that are bugging me, so if anyone is knowledgeable that would help too.

My main problems are with vectorization. I have no problem doing most stuff in a conventional programming way, but MATLAB sort of sucks at that and my employer expects me to be some sort of God at noticing how everything can be realized as a vector and can be done in a tenth the time my programs take. I know this is pretty specific and changes from problem to problem, but any general tips would be cool

I don't know why I'm making this thread
    [center:16hbm10o]

He lost all his friends
    He didn't need his friends
    He lived with his mother and repeated himself[/center:16hbm10o]

Enthusiast

Re: MATLAB (aka no replies)

This really isn't a conventional reply, but i briefly remember you talking about how your dad is a very good computer programmer and how he knows nothing of personal computing. I think its cool you're following in his footsteps. I tend to have a more art and literature kind of brain, but i respect your math mind. Even though i barely understand it, i really love hearing about this sort of stuff. Blogs are cool.
    [center:7qmqkz8r]In God We Trust.[/center:7qmqkz8r]