Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

New Problem, Embedding.

How do I hide the player for an embedded music loop?

Code:
    <embed src="1234 Rock it.wav" autostart="true" loop="true">
    </embed>

Also, I've just finished learning programming from w3shcools. It's quite helpful, but there is still a lot to learn. Any suggestions where to go next?

[s:3pugwq9h]Sometimes when I try to run .htm files some of the coding in the head section doesn&#39;t run properly.

This is usually a particular Script, and it happens a lot with java script, but it&#39;s also happened with regular html.

I know it&#39;s not an error with the way I&#39;ve written it, or with my computer settings ext as it does sometimes still run. The problem is that 70% of the time the script doesn&#39;t run and 30% of the time it does even though I haven&#39;t changed anything between when I try to run it now and when I last tried to run it 30 seconds ago, yet I still get different results.

I&#39;m not very good with scripting yet, and I&#39;ve never encountered this sort of problem before.

Help?[/s:3pugwq9h]

[spoiler:n0wbhfsc][/spoiler:n0wbhfsc]

Ward for Administrator

Veteran Enthusiast LeadingManNigel's Avatar

Re: Script Fail

It might just be a loading issue. Have you tried loading your scripts in other places to see if you get the same result?

I've tried isolating some of the scripts on there own in other documents to see if it still happens and it does, but I'll try the loading thing now.

E: Doesn't work :{>

Ward for Administrator

Can I have a look at the code that you're having trouble with? Also are you using a local server like WAMP or XAMPP, and have you tried executing the code in a different browser?
    what is homo love?

Using a different browser makes it work a lot more, thanks. It still fails when I change parts of the script some times, but I can easily fix it by copying it, deleting it, and pasting it back again.

If you still want to see the code though I could get it for you.

New problem, how do I hide the player thing for an embedded music loop?

Code:
    <embed src="1234 Rock it.wav" autostart="true" loop="true">
    </embed>

Ward for Administrator

Re: New Problem, Embedding.

If you just want the audio to loop in the background of your webpage just add hidden="true"
    Code:
    <embed src="1234 Rock it.wav" autostart="true" loop="true" hidden="true">
    </embed>
    Even though tutorials are important, I think a good alternative that you should also try is to go on code snippet sites like JavascriptKit, download some of their scripts and manipulate them to do different things, and see what happens. Study the scripts that they use and change some of the values and arguments, to get a grasp of what's going on. It's also good to start your own projects: When I started programming I would set myself a project that I had no idea how to do, and I'd research what I'd have to do to complete it as I went along.

If you're confident in HTML/Javascript then the next thing you'll want to learn is a server-side language, like PHP, for which they have tutorials on W3schools.
    what is homo love?

Re: New Problem, Embedding.

Thanks! I guess I'm sorted then.

Ward for Administrator