Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Veteran Enthusiast

Creating a Website

Hello, I am creating a website. I bought the domain name a few days ago, and I am waiting on the payment for web hosting to be available. Any know if theres a way to host for free with that domain name? also i may need help with the general setting up of the website

Re: Creating a Website

It depends on what kind of site you're going for, a forum for example has several hosts, but if you are going for a blog, you can just use re-directions.

Veteran Enthusiast

it is sort of like a blog, its for my writing

Veteran Enthusiast LeadingManNigel's Avatar

Byet host allows you to use your own nameservers and its free.

Quote Originally Posted by Lympha
    It depends on what kind of site you're going for, a forum for example has several hosts, but if you are going for a blog, you can just use re-directions.
    I will warn you if you post in one more help thread without knowing what the fuck you're talking about.

As Nigel said, Byethost's free service allows you to use your own domain. If you're waiting for a paid hosting plan to come through though, I'd wait until that's set up.

http://byethost.com/index.php/free-hosting

I am waiting on the payment for web hosting to be available.
    Not sure what you mean by this. Have you bought web space already? If you have, you should have access to what's called an instant access alias while the domain propagates. Lets you fiddle with the site before the official domain becomes "active" so to speak.

If not, disregard me!
    [center:3qmfvtqh][/center:3qmfvtqh]

Veteran Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Darren
    I am waiting on the payment for web hosting to be available.
    Not sure what you mean by this. Have you bought web space already? If you have, you should have access to what's called an instant access alias while the domain propagates. Lets you fiddle with the site before the official domain becomes "active" so to speak.

If not, disregard me!
    what i meant was i bought the domain name off this website. but i don't have enough money at the moment to pay for hosting (which is like $55 or something)

edit: i can't use the free hosting, I think I have to use the hosting of the site I bought the domain name off, which is crazy domains. See, if you go to http://www.jonedwardswriting.com it automatically goes to that crazy domains site looks like i have to fork out some money

It does that because the name servers for the domain are not pointing anywhere else. When you get hosting you can use byethosts name servers, which tell the domain name where to look for your website.

I can't remember the ones for byethost but if you make a support ticket they will tell you it. Then log into your crazydomains control panel and change the name servers. Then after ~74 hours it'll be done.

Veteran Enthusiast

thanks Skype, but if someone typed in www.jonedwardswriting.com will it go straight to my site? or will there need to be like .bytehost or something

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast