Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Am I infected?

Enthusiast

Am I infected?

Hello, I just recently went on a small forum to look around and one of the forums had a "Warning" problem on the top of the page. I've seen these before when my brother was going on a forum, but he said he didn't get a virus since his Macbook prevented it. I'm not sure if the infected forum had also infected my computer, since I'm not sure how it works. I scanned with Kaspersky, and I didn't get any results.

Sorry if this seems an obvious answer to some people, but I've never encountered a situation like this before.

credits to insertstupidusernamehere for the signature

PM me if you want courtesy.

Re: Am I infected?

You probably shouldn't be too worried unless you start to notice significant changes in how your computer runs or have any trouble with missing or corrupted files. If you want to extra careful you could perform a system restore to a point before you visited the forum, but I wouldn't recommend doing that because it's pretty extreme and this doesn't sound like a major problem.

For the future, you should probably have MalwareBytes on hand. It's free and it's been my go-to virus removal tool for almost a year now.

Enthusiast

Is Kaspersky ok, too? I've had it for a year now and I haven't had any problems with my computer.

credits to insertstupidusernamehere for the signature

PM me if you want courtesy.

I haven't used Kaspersky personally, so I honestly can't say much about it. If you think you have a virus and Kaspersky isn't showing results, I think MalwareBytes is just a good alternative to have available. I've downloaded many free anti-viruses online, and mbam is the only one that hasn't caused further problems down the road.

You'll be fine.