Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Anyone who knows C++?

Can anyone recommend me some great online tutorials? I was watching sum but finished the series and still don't know how to make anything epic... see I want to make an animation program full fullbody. If anyone can help me reply to this or add me on msn, yo. Thanks

Veteran Enthusiast BEER BEER STRONG's Avatar

Re: Anyone who knows C++?

I didn't want to reply to your last thread but here we go.

If you've never programmed in C++, making any dinky command line program is pretty hard. After many years mastering the art of programming in C++, making full fledged animation software that can compete with Flash all by yourself is pretty goddamn close to impossibly hard.

If you want to learn to program, go ahead. But don't motivate yourself with the goal of creating some great program any time soon. You'll give up pretty quickly.
    [center:16hbm10o]

He lost all his friends
    He didn't need his friends
    He lived with his mother and repeated himself[/center:16hbm10o]

Quote Originally Posted by BEER BEER STRONG
    I didn't want to reply to your last thread but here we go.

If you've never programmed in C++, making any dinky command line program is pretty hard. After many years mastering the art of programming in C++, making full fledged animation software that can compete with Flash all by yourself is pretty goddamn close to impossibly hard.

If you want to learn to program, go ahead. But don't motivate yourself with the goal of creating some great program any time soon. You'll give up pretty quickly.
    On the contrary... that's how I start everything.

You and I are very much alike friend, I too wish to learn c++ to make, what it sounds like your implying, a flash alternative. C++ IS NOT a easy language. However, I found a great online FREE ebook you can read. Its called "Teach yourself c++ in 21 days". Here is the Link. Feel free to play around with it. You can thank me later.

"Sharing is caring. But what if you dont fucking care?"