Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Senior Member Eack1960's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    *Stabs you with a pen*
    Posts
    409

    HTML, My worst enemy.

    I just feel like flaming right now, maybe another spam attack on a random website....WHY? Because I have lately been trying to use DreamWeaver to make a website for my newest upcoming comedy film (home made of course) called Its A generic horror scene 2. Now, I am trying to learn HTML. But sadly the books on it are expensive, and being 16 means I want to waste my money on girls and art stuff (I plan on being a comic book artist or video game conecpt artist.) So I dont have alot of money to blow on books since most of it goes towards Girls, Guns, Random video games, and film production. How does working at Wal-Mart pay for this stuff? I WORK THREE JOBS. So....In all....Whats the best resource to learn HTML. I prefer free. FREE IS ME! But, alas, the goddamn Goverment seems to hate the word "free." So, Get me free or cheapest resource possible. If you do...I shall CC you. Thanks guys.

    "Sharing is caring. But what if you dont fucking care?"

  2. #2
    Maximum Honkitude shift's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,065

    Re: HTML, My worst enemy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eack1960
    I just feel like flaming right now, maybe another spam attack on a random website....
    Quote Originally Posted by Eack1960
    But sadly the books on it are expensive, and being 16 means I want to waste my money on girls and art stuff (I plan on being a comic book artist or video game conecpt artist.) So I dont have alot of money to blow on books since most of it goes towards Girls, Guns, Random video games, and film production. How does working at Wal-Mart pay for this stuff? I WORK THREE JOBS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eack1960
    But, alas, the goddamn Goverment seems to hate the word "free."
    Honestly, all this stuff is unnecessary and makes you look like an idiot.



    As for your HTML problem, I mostly use W3 Schools as a reference if I ever need help with anything web development. They have an HTML Tutorial and tons of examples.

    Good luck.
    See You Space Honkboy...

  3. #3
    Senior Member Eack1960's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    *Stabs you with a pen*
    Posts
    409

    Re: HTML, My worst enemy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Evo
    Quote Originally Posted by Eack1960
    I just feel like flaming right now, maybe another spam attack on a random website....
    Quote Originally Posted by Eack1960
    But sadly the books on it are expensive, and being 16 means I want to waste my money on girls and art stuff (I plan on being a comic book artist or video game conecpt artist.) So I dont have alot of money to blow on books since most of it goes towards Girls, Guns, Random video games, and film production. How does working at Wal-Mart pay for this stuff? I WORK THREE JOBS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eack1960
    But, alas, the goddamn Goverment seems to hate the word "free."
    Honestly, all this stuff is unnecessary and makes you look like an idiot.



    As for your HTML problem, I mostly use W3 Schools as a reference if I ever need help with anything web development. They have an HTML Tutorial and tons of examples.

    Good luck.
    Lol, yes you are right, maybe I said to much, but it was needed to stress how much money I spend. And the need for a free resource, thanks for the reply dude.

    "Sharing is caring. But what if you dont fucking care?"

  4. #4
    Fanatic Enthusiast eccentrik's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    2,601

    Re: HTML, My worst enemy.

    http://www.amazon.com/HTML-XHTML-CSS-Si ... 0321430840
    No offense brotha but if you work 3 jobs and $22 is expensive your doing something wrong.

    Anyway. Recently read this to refresh my memory on the subject. Very easy read explains everything really well. But if your concerned about money there's an unbelievable number of tutorials on the internet.
    [center:spejwvlf][/center:spejwvlf]

  5. #5
    Senior Member Eack1960's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    *Stabs you with a pen*
    Posts
    409

    Re: HTML, My worst enemy.

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSupra
    http://www.amazon.com/HTML-XHTML-CSS-Sixth-Edition/dp/0321430840
    No offense brotha but if you work 3 jobs and $22 is expensive your doing something wrong.

    Anyway. Recently read this to refresh my memory on the subject. Very easy read explains everything really well. But if your concerned about money there's an unbelievable number of tutorials on the internet.
    Bro, I love you. No, I ment by expensive like, 600 dollars, what youy listed was PERFECT

    "Sharing is caring. But what if you dont fucking care?"

  6. #6
    Mother Russia Cavolia's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Soviet Russia
    Posts
    4,317

    Re: HTML, My worst enemy.

    Just saying, if you want to become an artist it's very usefull if you can build websites. It makes you an all-rounder and building websites can be a lot of fun and gives you possibilitys to design as well. People actually pay very well for good looking websites, so if you want to become an artist-entrepreneur, I highly recommend it.
    | Pivot | Artwork | Youtube |
    DD Achievements:
    Spoiler:

    Beginner:
    • 16 august 2008

    Intermediate:
    • 9 January 2009

    Veteran:
    • 28 June 2010


    666 Posts:
    • 3 July 2010

    1000 Posts:
    • 12 November 2010

    2000 Posts:
    • 30 March 2011

    3000 Posts:
    • 25 December 2011

    4000 Posts:
    • 19 November 2012


    Vip:
    • 15 July 2010
      Special thanks to Arch

    Myfiles:
    • 29 October 2010
      Special thanks to Mango

    2 Month ban:
    • 16 July 2010
      Special thanks to Skype

  7. #7
    Senior Member Eack1960's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    *Stabs you with a pen*
    Posts
    409

    Re: HTML, My worst enemy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cavolia
    Just saying, if you want to become an artist it's very usefull if you can build websites. It makes you an all-rounder and building websites can be a lot of fun and gives you possibilitys to design as well. People actually pay very well for good looking websites, so if you want to become an artist-entrepreneur, I highly recommend it.
    Thanks bro, Ill look into it.

    "Sharing is caring. But what if you dont fucking care?"

  8. #8
    Fresh Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    5
    Codecademy has online tutorials which should teach you the basics of HTML, CSS, javascript and jQuery, PHP as well as other languages. Here's a link... Learn to code | Codecademy


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •