Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Animtube.net uploader for your animations

I was thinking about something like a "quick uploader" - something where you can upload test animations or pictures ( I sometimes need pictures for upload but don't want to upload them somewhere else- i don't want to lose them again... currently I upload them via ftp) which would land in a folder named "unpublished" so they don't directly show up on animtube.

I also thought about turning off the comment section, it simply doen't notify Users when a comment is posted on an animation via PM. It maybe would be better to directly post the links to the threads from the forums where you posted the animation, so people can comment in the animationthreads instead on animtube.

would be nice to hear your thoughts

DD addict
    I disagree with you on turning off the comments section because it adds to the site. everyone loves a site with a comment system.
    As for quick uploader, yeah, that would be pretty cool!

I've made it the easiest way and just added a new category (unpublished/test uploads) which isn't shown somewhere on the page. simple as that. the uploads still go to the gif - list (to your uploaded animations)... not the best way, but that'll do for now... another (new) uploader would be confusing i think.

yeah, sure it adds something to the site. but for "real" comments i still suggest to link the animations in description to the forums since PM notification for comments on own animations simply doen'st work.

e.: nope, i have to find another uploader. this doesn't work the way i want it to work -_-

there is a quick uploader now.
    Quick-Upload

you still need to be looged in though, since other uploaders which provided captcha or other security stuff simply were crap.

alright guys,
    I've spent weeks to find a good plugin for flash (swf) uploads. all free stuff I could find was either without:
    rating system
    or
    profiles
    or
    ability for users to upload stuff (means, only possible for admins with ftp)
    or simply didn't have what I wanted to have.

I finally found a very good one, which implements the profiles of the current plugin ( the profiles you're using), I paid 58 pounds. therefore it has ALOT of features, just like the plugin for the profiles (adds a tab for flash animations)

it still has some layout issues, but it doesnt affect the upload in any way. thumbnails aren't made automatically, sadly, you have to upload and then edit your upload to put in a thumbnail. i will look for a solution for this.

I will change the mainpage to a sort of a portal where you can choose between gif uploads (for pivot,stykz,easytoon) and flash uploads(swf).

greets!
    http://www.animtube.net/index.php/flashanimtube

I put alot of effort in this hoster. if you want to help me a bit, here are some signatures for forums to put in.
    ( "code"-function doesn't work properly, so please add the url manually..)

thank you!

It's already nice to see people uploading on it
    also, I make daily backups and test updates on another domain.-just to be sure

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345